I'm listening to Good Food like I do every saturday. Some of this week's program is about how to clean your home without things like Windex:
* All-purpose cleaner: mix a solution of 1 part water to 1 part vinegar (white distilled vinegar is best). Not recommended on marble surfaces.
* As a fabric softener or disinfectant: breaks down soap scum; use 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2/3 cup vinegar and 1 cup water. You can add 5 - 6 drops of lavender oil or grapefruit seed extract to disinfect. Lavender is a natural disinfectant.
* Slow or clogged drain: pour 1 cup baking soda into the drain, add 1 cup of vinegar, then follow this with 1 kettle full of boiling water.
* Copper or brass polisher: Cut lemon in half, sprinkle with baking soda or salt and rub it all over.
* Stain remover: use baking soda and water to create a paste and rub on stains on sink
* To clean silver: use salt and lemon, rub silver item, then rinse with hot soapy water and
* To clean stainless steel or oven - use lemon or vinegar and baking soda, spray water and scrape.
for those that can't afford to buy 200% organic because as we all know, it is quite pricey, 12 foods that are safe to buy non-organic because of minimal pesticide use on the conventional way they are grown:
* Sweet peas (frozen)
* Sweet corn (frozen)