Sunday, August 06, 2006

I have lame titles

I like to take photos of my work in the process of it's completion. I don't know why, I guess I'm just interested in seeing how a finished product becomes, well, finished. So here is a series of photos that go through the process of a recent painting of mine. I made the design in Photoshop.



Step 1: Sketching to get the proportions of the small image correctly onto a large canvas. You can see the original design; it's that little colorful piece of paper in the middle.


Step 2: A light wash to cover the gesso on the canvas and block in certain areas of color.






Step 3: More colors, more layers. Slowly but surely.







Step 4: Details and more accurate colors.









Step 5: Almost done. Still painting and I'm running out of explanations.



Step 6: Okay finally done with the painting and this whole steps thing. Horray!







No comments: